JOB TITLE: LEASING AGENT
REPORTS TO: Resident Manager
ISSUE/REVISION DATE: 06/01/2006
Responsible for providing exceptional customer service to residents and potential residents. Utilizes professional sales and marketing techniques and solid customer service skills to maintain high occupancy at the apartment property.
Success monitored by Resident Manager based on reliability, excellence in customer service, high level of apartment occupancy, use of good judgment, ability to handle difficult situations with professionalism, and skill at interacting with residents, vendors, and staff in a consistently courteous and professional manner.
- Keeps thorough phone log and guest card records.
- Meets and greets prospective residents, in a timely and friendly manner.
- Qualifies applicants for apartments in a thorough and timely manner.
- Coordinates with maintenance staff to ensure smooth move-ins for the new residents.
- Maintains thorough and up-to-date rental files.
- Accurately enters rental data into the computer.
- Prepares leases for and oversees the signing of leases by new residents.
- Assists in completion of monthly administrative tasks and ensures property’s paperwork is organized and complete; including, but not limited to: posting monthly rent checks, sending out late notices, and processing lease renewals.
- Interacts with residents in a professional manner to resolve maintenance issues, handle complaints, and ensure timely payment of rents.
- Assists in coordinating resident get-togethers or events on the property.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Experience, Educational Requirements:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to perform intermediate level mathematical calculations.
Additional Skills, Abilities, and Characteristics Required:
Good people skills.
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize work.
- Punctual and reliable.